Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Something's fishy in Cincinatti

Let's review:

4:48 a.m. from ŒGolfismylife²

I have SBS roofing shingles on my house...man they are TOUGH..they look
good...have a class 4 hail rating...and can withstand 120 wind
resistance....but here is their downfall.....they do not have a 10%
copper blend..so I am getting dark black streaks..all over my new roof!

5:00 a.m. from ³Roof Time Cincinnati²

Yea...the streaks are called Gleo Capsa Magma...they can be cleaned and
removed you know......I will post a tip sheet later to this group,
concerning this algae.

5:10 a.m. from ³Roof Time Cincinatti²

snipped essay about black streaks, FAR too long to have been written in
ten minutes

5:36 a.m. from ³Golfismylife²

Wow! Thanks for the good info.....I have seen those streaks all over my
neighborhood and they are on my NEW roof too...YUCK. I was thinking of
buying zinc strips mae for a roof..but it seems that you would say not
to use those....but isn't copper going to cost more? I have a
black SBS roof. Will copper look okay? and will copper and/or zinc work
on a SBS roof?

Thanks for your help!

Now then, did golfismylife know about black streaks and magic copper at
4:48 a.m. and forget about it by 5:36 a.m.? If so, he's too senile to be
messing with his roof.

I suppose it's just a coincidence that Spam Time Cincinatti and
Golfballinmyass both come from 72.49.159.233.