Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment
Pierre-François Pierre-François is offline

Default Rohde & Schwarz URV5 Millivolt meter

Hi JW,

I've also an URV5 which need to be re-calibrated and I'm trying to get a
copy of the service manual.
May be we can share... ;-)

pf
f5bqp

"JW" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hello all,

I have just finished repairing a Rohde & Schwarz URV5 Millivolt meter that
had two problems. The first was that it was blowing fuses - this turned
out to be a shorted 1000uF bulk capacitor in the power supply. But, after
the repair it now gets a E051 on power up. Lacking any service or
operating manual, I shot-gunned the unit by swapping the CPU board, then
the few socketed chips located on the CPU board between a running unit I
had, and this one. This allowed me to localize the problem to the 2kx8
52B13 EEPROM located in socket D8. I'm guessing that it might have become
corrupted when the cap shorted. Anyway, I then read the contents of the
good device and programmed the "bad" one successfully. Now it seems to
power up OK, with no error codes. Can anyone with a service/operating
manual tell me if the calibration data is stored in this device? I'd
rather not have to send the unit out for calibration unless I need to.

Thanks!