Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
matt matt is offline

Default Clausing 5914 Questions

On Dec 5, 7:00 am, Joseph Gwinn wrote:

I have two references for riggers, and will call them.

I have level access into the basement through a wide-enough door, so I
don't expect a big bill to get from driveway into basement.

But the driveway is icy at present, so I would assume that we will have
to outwait the weather.

Joe Gwinn

Just a bit of FYI -- I was able to do the entire job without having to
hire anyone, using my HF engine hoist. My lathe was crated and
delivered by truck freight, and dropped off in front of my shop via
truck liftgate (that was the moderately dicey part).Your situation may
be entirely different, but this machine is relatively small and
lightweight compared to something that really requires a rigging team.
You could probably do the moving yourself (with a friend), a sheet or
two of 3/4" plywood for rolling surface if needed, and a couple of
furniture dollies, with an engine hoist to do the lifting. It's an
opportunity to buy more equipment...:-) I have some pictures I could
send you if you have further interest.