Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Howard Stephen Howard is offline

Default OT. - OK Firth lets sort it out.

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 01:17:50 +0000, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

John Rumm wrote:

It seems to be the way we want to run our newsgroup...

It's not *your* newsgroup, nor does it belong to anyone else, much less
to a self-appointed clique.

Quite so - in which case the forum, through the actions of its
contributors, finds its own state. Whether it succeeds or fails
depends on the actions of those contributors, and the fact that this
is a thriving, busy, personable and informative forum that meets the
remit of its title proves that its working.

Everyone's entitled to express an opinion, as you have done - and in
return its clear to see that the overwhelming opinion of those who
were moved enough to respond is that TMH's posts fall within
acceptable boundaries for this group, aren't excessively commercial
and add to the wealth of information to be found here. Indeed, there
appears to be no support at all for your position.

www.shwoodwind.co.uk