Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Campbell[_3_] Steven Campbell[_3_] is offline

Default Does this sound like the bearings in a washing machine?

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
Our Indesit washing machine has started to make a high pitched metal
against metal sound usually only during the high speed spin.

I've had the back and top of the machine off and the supports appear to be
holding the drum securely enough with no obvious signs of anything
physically wrong.

So I thought this might be the bearings. Is this a straight forward job if
it is the problem.

Thanks all for the suggestions. Spent yesterday taking the heater out and
rotating the drum but couldn't find a thing lodged in-between.
The noise only happens when there is a load of washing in. Looks like it
will be a costly call out!

Steven.