Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default time switches

Hello,

How reliable are time switches?

I ask because once a year we use some for our Christmas lights, sow e
are not talking about heavy loads, but they are not working properly.

A few years ago I used some digital ones from Wickes. They stopped
working. I had them exchanged and the replacements stopped working
too.

So then I decided to give up on digital technology and invest in some
clockwork time switches from B&Q. They worked fine last year but this
year they are not keeping time: I am not expecting quartz accuracy but
the dial says 6am when it is 10pm!

Do the clocks seize if not used for long periods? These only get used
in December.

Any suggestions on what type to replace these with?

Thanks.