Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Ralph Ralph is offline

Default scored some boxelder

C & S wrote:
The local utility company was taking down a tree near by this week. By the
time I got there, it had been reduced to a 15' stump. I asked the
supervisor if I could have a few lumps for turning and he was fine with
that. I think I should have taken more.

From three sections I was able to get 5 bowl blanks 5 blanks for pepper
mills, 8 24" slabs of flat stock and a few miscellaneous small turning
blanks.

I've never had the opportunity to play with this stuff before. Does the red
part stay that way?

Cheers,
Steve

Box Elder is a nice wood to turn. Unfortunately the red color will fade
into a brown, especially in the sunlight. It still looks nice.