DoN. Nichols

Default Righty Tighty - But Why?

In article ,
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I've still got one rather nice Ampico reproducing piano and about 500
rolls for it, including some about a hundred years old now, recorded by
Rachmaninoff. Yes, they had "recording pianos" back then, but just as
with today's recording studios, there was a lot of editing done after
the original recording was made.

With paper pasted over the wrong holes and then new ones
punched? I presume that they also had devices which would duplicate the
rolls once they got them right -- for production.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564