Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charles Charles is offline

Default FM Antenna

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
I am getting to close up my walls after a basement remodel. Before I do, I
was wondering if there was a way to fashion an FM antenna, such as coax or
something like that snaking up the wall, that might give me a bit of FM
reception in the basement.

Before you close up the walls, you can hack together a quick antenna to see
if it is worth the effort. The most popular FM antenna was once the "folded
dipole" made from twin-transmission line ... that was back when balanced 300
ohm antenna inputs were common. With coax inputs, an ordinary wire dipole
antenna is a good choice.

Orient the antenna for the best reception for the weakest station of
interest.

Google for "dipole antenna" to determine how long to make the antenna.