Gunner

Default Wiring 3 phase switch for 2 phase power

On 12 Jun 2004 20:42:59 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

Eeeek. I've done a lot of sketchy things in the past, but
I would really really try to avoid doing that - wiring a
machine for 240 with one leg always hot (unswitched). Aside
from the code violation, I don't think I could sleep at
night knowing that the motor had 120 between the windings
and the frame, and that an insulation breakdown could
cause trouble.

I have an ingersol-rand 5 hp 3ph air compressor that I rebuilt for a
customer (and he aint getting it until he pays me..) that only has two
pair of contacts for the power. When it came to me, the third leg was
constant hot. And its factory original, which is completely weird.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell