Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Fred the Red Shirt Fred the Red Shirt is offline

Default No good deed goes unpunished

On Dec 4, 3:36 am, Dave Hinz wrote:
On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 03:00:23 +0000 (UTC), Edward A. Falk wrote:

In article ,
Don Foreman wrote:

Mar sed, "you don't KNOW that they spotted it and glommed it."

She's right, you DON'T know. You just assume because a) you lost
it, and b) they're black. Good on Mar for calling you on your racism.

It's only racism if it's not plausible and/or true.

Nonsense. It is predjudiced (I won't say racist since maybe he
would
think the same for any other (read white) illegals if there are other
equally
plausible explanations.

BTW, I carry screwdrivers with the handle in my palm and the blade
parallel to (e.g. 'hidden' by) my wrist, just like I was taught to
carry
scissors and for the same reason.

But I'm not so naive as to deny that also provides for 'plausible
deniability..'

--

FF