Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nick@nowhere.com is offline

Default Suggestions on new washing machine

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 10:38:14 -0500, Norminn

Hello,

I was the unfortunate owner of a Maytag Atlantis washing
machine which has been chewing our clothes since we purchased it 2 1/2
years ago. I have tried everything including replacing the agitator
and have had it with the machine. I'm looking to buy a replacement but
have not seen anything that hasn't had problems. If possible I would
like to get a front loading washing but have heard that top loading
washers have fewer problems. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what
will be reliable as well as serviceable when the time comes 5-10 years
down the road? I can do some of the major repairs if necessary.

Thanks for your time

My daughter and son-in-law have an LG front-loader, don't know the
model. They love it, pack it with a ton of blue jeans or steam delicate
stuff. When powered on, it looks like a NASA control panel )
I noticed when I did some laundry at their house that one printed
t-shirt was missing the metallic part of the screen-printed decoration,
but it may have worn off earlier and I had not noticed. I have wanted a
front-loader for a long time but hubby isn't convinced. Our dryer is
probably terminal, but the old Maytag just won't die. )

Keep your old Maytag and repair it at all costs when needed....I can't
comment on the Maytag washers after they were bought out by Whirlpool
but the ones prior to the buyout are complete trash. I would have paid
$1000 now to repair our old Maytag's transmission when it went.