Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to find concealed speaker wire?

wrote in message
Hello,
I purchased a new home (that was 95% completed when I bought it) that
was prewired for surround sound. I opened the plates where the
speakers are supposed to be attached on the walls, and found a (rather
low-quality) speaker wire there. There are four such plates. However,
the other end of the wire is not visible - no plates, exposed wires,
etc where I would expect to plug into my receiver.

The builder and electrician are completely unresponsive, so I can't
ask them for information. Is there any way to find out where the other
ends terminate?

Thanks for any help!

If it's low quality wire, do you intend to use it? If not, then never mind
where it goes. Run new wire.