Posted to alt.home.repair, misc.consumers.house
z z is offline

Default HVAC custom-size air filters

On Nov 29, 8:27 pm, "bob kater" wrote:
Big box stores used to sell a washable filter with a plastic frame, you took
it apart cut the media and slid it back together, I used a small metal screw
to hold it together. Not sure if they are still available though but it
would be worth a look"John Grabowski" wrote in message

wrote in message
Can someone recommend a source for custom-size air filters for
residential HVAC?

I need 1"x25"x22" filters, and the closest sizes I've seen (at my
local WalMart, HomeDepot, Lowe's) were 1x25x25 and 1x25x20.

Grainger sells filter rolls so you can cut your own size. Maybe you can
get
a sheet metal shop to fabricate a frame for you. http://www.grainger.com

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/cat...rs/filter-medi...

You could try a plumbing supply or HVAC supply company as well.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, I recently bought one at Sears hardware, but I've seen them
advertised here and there. Seems to work fine.