Posted to rec.woodworking
Renata Renata is offline

Default I Need advice on tool purchases

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 16:05:17 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

"LRod" wrote in message
.. .

Leon and I don't agree a lot and this is another one of those times.

Hey , hey, Hey!!!!!!! ;~)

think the Forrest blade is the most overrated item in the woodworking
market. I know there will be people wearing cassocks, and shoes with
big buckles, who will be beating on my door for that heresy. The truth
is, any of the premium blades (common name doesn't signify lesser
quality), Freud, Systimatic, Amana, etc., will do a more than adequate
job without the 20% premium in price.

Actually I have bought more Systematic blades between 1988 and 1999 than I
have Forrest baldes. I will agree that they do do a good job. Up until I
mounted a Forrest I thought the Systematic was a steal at $59. But like
many others I prefer the Forrest. I very very seldom have to do anything to
a cut edge before applying the finish. For me that is worth the difference
in price. And the price difference comes out closer to a 40% price
difference and or 66% more expensive.

-snip-

Have you tried the Freud Glue-Line blade?

Renata