Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Dont throw out those old bench drills.

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 20:55:12 +0900, with neither quill nor qualm,
Stealth Pilot quickly quoth:

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 13:26:53 -0600, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

while the chinese speak and write chinese we in the western world will
remain supreme as the world's problem solvers.

Stealth Pilot

============
This is called the Whorfian hypothesis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapir-Whorf_hypothesis

actually it is not anyone's hypothesis. it is an observation made by
me while interacting with a reasonable number of chinese minds and
backed up by some other experiences.
some years of observation that lead me to a conclusion.

wikipedia??? good grief that doesnt count as a reference.

Of course it is. It features a usually-correct overview with
supporting reference source list. The latter is the jewel.

--
Guns don't kill people. Rappers do!