Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clark Magnuson Clark Magnuson is offline

Default Clausing 5914 Questions

How are you going to move it?

Probably will hire a rigger, as the weather is closing in.

I will touch and see the machine this morning. It is under power, so
checkout will be fairly easy.

Joe Gwinn

At the auction there was a big ex merchant marine named Eric that
approached me about moving the lathe. He wanted $50 to go from Seattle
to Mercer Island with it. He had a flat bed truck. There was a gantry
overhead at the auction. He slid it down boards to get it off the truck
at my place.
Knowing what I now know about how tippy that lathe is, I don't know how
we managed.

I recently called Nelson trucking, and they wanted more to move a
Bridgeport 10 miles than the machine costs.
http://www.nelsontrucking.com/

If you find a cheap rigger, let me know.