Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy H Andy H is offline

Default I Need advice on tool purchases

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Snip

4) A bench top planer. (there are work arounds for a jointer, but not
a planer).

On the list

5) A good ROS, I have a Bosch 3727 and wouldn't leave home without it.

On the "later" list I have one, not too thrilled with it though

7) A 3 HP router suitable for permanent table mounting.

On the list (well a 2-1/4 HP anyway)

8) Clamps, clamps, clamps.

I have a couple, will buy as needed.

Of all the things above, having material on hand to build a quick jig
will save your rear end more times than everything else above, IMHO.

That is pretty good advice! There have been many times when I didnt
build something because I didnt have the materials on hand to make a jig.

Have fun.

Lew

Thanks so much for everyone's feedback!
--