Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tyler Tyler is offline

Default Combination Boiler or Condensing Boiler

On 4 Dec, 10:37, "DavidM" wrote:
"Tyler" wrote in message

... Hi all,

I've just had my house converted to gas from electric only. I having
central heating put in. Which, in your opinion, is better, a
combination boiler or condensing?

I have a 2 bed semi and can build on the side in future. I have a
downstairs loo along with the bathroom upstairs.

The fitters seem to like the combination boiler as they are easier to
put in. Help as I know little about DIY!

TH

A combination boiler can also be a condensing boiler - in fact under
current regs all new boilers (except in some very exceptional
circumstances) must be of the condensing type, as they result in
less pollution, are more efficient, and cheaper to run.

The main downside of combination boiler compared to conventional
boilers with a hot water storage tank is that the hot water flow rate
is sometimes not very good (depends on your mains pressure and
flow rate), specially when filling a bath, and the hot water temperature
(eg in the shower) can be affected by someone turning on another
tap, or the washing machine starting to fill.

There are more knowledgeable people on here who can give more
advice on how to choose which is best for you situation.

My son has just installed a condensing combi in a 3 bed semi and
he's very happy with it.

David.

Thanks