Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
dan cordes dan cordes is offline

Default scored some boxelder

Hi Steve,

Yes, the red stays red. You're a lucky man getting that much red. I've
found box elder is hit or miss for color. It's great turning wood though.
I've done mini bats, bottle stopers, bowls, boxes. All look great.

Dan

"C & S" wrote in message
.. .
The local utility company was taking down a tree near by this week. By the
time I got there, it had been reduced to a 15' stump. I asked the
supervisor if I could have a few lumps for turning and he was fine with
that. I think I should have taken more.

From three sections I was able to get 5 bowl blanks 5 blanks for pepper
mills, 8 24" slabs of flat stock and a few miscellaneous small turning
blanks.

I've never had the opportunity to play with this stuff before. Does the
red
part stay that way?

Cheers,
Steve