Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Noise transmission thru copper pipe supports

wrote:
I can hear my boiler burner throughout my house. I have found that
the majority of the noise transmission is via 2 threadded rod supports
that support a large cast iron pipe out of the boiler that turns into
a copper pipe converter for my hydronic heat. The threaded rod
connects to a clamp ring on the copper pipe and screws into a base
that is mounted to the ceiling joists.

Is there a noise absorbing alternative support, or maybe I can make
something that supports it form the basement floor (it is in the
basement).

Any help would be appreciated.

I've had some sucess at using rubber muffler hanger straps (like off a
bigass truck) for that. I've also said the hell with it, and poured
footers in a dirt crawlspace, and laid piers up to the shaking thing.

Personally, I kind of like the subtle vibrations- makes me feel like I
am on a ship.

aem sends...