Posted to alt.building.construction, alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Noise transmission thru copper pipe supports

On Dec 3, 10:14 pm, wrote:
I can hear my boiler burner throughout my house. I have found that
the majority of the noise transmission is via 2 threadded rod supports
that support a large cast iron pipe out of the boiler that turns into
a copper pipe converter for my hydronic heat. The threaded rod
connects to a clamp ring on the copper pipe and screws into a base
that is mounted to the ceiling joists.

Is there a noise absorbing alternative support, or maybe I can make
something that supports it form the basement floor (it is in the
basement).

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.cooperbline.com/product/P...gers/index.asp They're more
of a commercial product as structure-borne sound transmission is more
problematic in concrete and steel buildings.