Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Is there much of an R value to sheetrock?

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

In a wood shop I think you'll find that fiberglass behind pegboard is
a continuing annoyance--pegboard holds amazing amounts of sawdust that
comes out at inconvenient moments, so does fiberglass. The two
together, well you may end up needing to put up another building in
which to apply finishes.

That's something I can speak to. 1/3 of my garage is pegboard over
insulation. That's were my shop area is. The other two bays are sheetrock.
It's been this way for almost 15 years. I paint cars in those other two
bays and I've never had an issue with sawdust.

It might well be argued that sheetrock would have sealed over my insulation
better than the pegboard does, but in Central NY where the winters are cold
and blustery, I've never noticed any real shortcoming with what I have.

--

-Mike-