Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nick@nowhere.com is offline

Default Suggestions on new washing machine

Hello,

I was the unfortunate owner of a Maytag Atlantis washing
machine which has been chewing our clothes since we purchased it 2 1/2
years ago. I have tried everything including replacing the agitator
and have had it with the machine. I'm looking to buy a replacement but
have not seen anything that hasn't had problems. If possible I would
like to get a front loading washing but have heard that top loading
washers have fewer problems. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what
will be reliable as well as serviceable when the time comes 5-10 years
down the road? I can do some of the major repairs if necessary.

Thanks for your time