Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default ISO matching tile for kitchen counter

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 11:38:50 -0800, "Mamba" wrote:

"PE" wrote in message
Hi all: I'm adding some counterspace in the kitchen of my home and want,

if
possible, to match the 20 yr. old ceramic tile that's on the existing
counters. I'm pretty sure it was a Dal tile product. I suspect the odds

of
success are long, but would appreciate any advice re. best way(s) to go
about searching for a match. Thanks for your replies.

Dal is still in business. They would likely need a tile sample to match it.
A chip might even suffice, with dimensions of the tile.

Last year I learned that Dal takes there discontinued tile and sells
to discounters for pennies on the dollar. In this case I needed four
bull nose tiles for the counter edge. HD carries Dal so I went there.
The side profiles were different for what was in stock and what I
needed. Called the local Dal person; only to find out they did not
have what we needed...sold discontinued stock.

By chance a person in the condo complex was doing a bath counter
change and sold me six tiles ( 2 spare in case ) cost $20.00. (G)

This tile was only about 5 years old.