Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default I Need advice on tool purchases

"Bill" wrote in message
. ..
I'd want a jointer, the table saw's companion.

Please help me understand this (newbe here). If I rip a board along a
fence on a table saw with a decent blade, I assume I'll end up with a
pretty nice cut. Will the jointer give me something "extra"?

Thanks,
Bill
As Jim and Jack have pointed out, the jointer is to prepare the stock to be
cut on the TS or to go through the planer. If you buy straight stock to
begin with there is really no need for a jointer. I built a jig for
straightening 8' long boards in a single pass on the TS.