Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave In Houston Dave In Houston is offline

Default I Need advice on tool purchases

"Leon" wrote in message
. net...

Again, IMHO the dust collector is a luxury. I have been woodworking
seriousely since 1978 and finally bought a dust collector last spring
IIRC. I had to have it for a drum sander as at that point it becomes a
necessity although I got the DC a year before the sander. My BS turns out
an enormous amount of dust when resawing and I got the DC quickly after
buying the

Nothing like one for quickly cleaning up the shop; beats hell out of a
shop vac. My 2HP JET has sucked up stuff I wish it hadn't (ie. the plastic
push stick that came with the TS and once sucked the arbor washer from the
TS. When that hit the impeller it split the housing. Had to buy another
washer, too. Damnit.
--
Dave in Houston