Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default I Need advice on tool purchases

Jeff wrote in
:

On Dec 3, 2:45 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , badandy001@gmaildotcom wrote:
Thanks Jeff,
I never even thought of a Air filter! Dont know much about
them, my
shop is 18 x 18 with a 12" ceiling, would an Airfilter get all of
the suspended dust?

No, it won't get all of it, but it will get a surprisingly high
portion of it. It's best to use a dust collector and air filter in
combination; the two together will get nearly everything.

I agree the combination will get nearly everything. My thought was
that he could use a shop vac now for dust collection and couple that
with an air filter to provide a safer environment.

Jeff

The purchase of dust masks wouldn't be a bad one either. They can affect
some people's breathing, so make sure you get ones that you can use.

Puckdropper