Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default I Need advice on tool purchases

"Andy H" wrote in message

Thanks LRod,
I forgot to mention that I have a small Drill press. A 10" Delta. I
would like a larger one, 12" maybe?

Well to throw in my 2 cents again. ;~) My Rockwell DP is the oldest tool
in my shop. I got it in 1979 IIRC.
Anyway, you may not get too much for your money going from a 10 to 12".
Consider also, a Radial Arm Drill Press. Mine is a 36" bench top model that
will let you swing the head left to right, tilt the head 90 degrees left or
right and typically is cheaper than the full stand up height versions. The
head will extend well past the table or bench if you need the extra height
capicity. One draw back is that you typically only have 4 speeds but with
that in mind I very seldom take mine off of the slowest speed setting.