Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

J. Clarke wrote:

Just Wondering wrote:

At least we got more for our money with WPA and CCC (a little
something here and there) than we do now (which is nothing).

However the unions felt that CCC took food out of the mouths of union
members who could have been doing the same work

One thing I appreciate about the CCC is that they built and improved hiking
trails and campgrounds in the national forests that are still around for you and
me to enjoy to this day. If the federal government had been required to hire
union workers to do that work it would have been cost prohibitive and never
would have happened.