Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default Followup on wire brushing, hopefully final

"Nick Mueller" wrote in message
Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

Having run precision grinding machines for several
years, I understand the significance of surface speeds.

I know that. And you certainly know, that there is a band/frame (?) of
perfect speed.
So the statement "I doubled the speed and it's better now" is quite ...
brainless. Especially without giving the wheel's diameter.

But *he_did*--------"With this motor, the 8" brush functions much better
than with a 1725
RPM, 1/2 HP motor. " He also commented "1 HP, 3450 RPM Baldor motor", so
it's clear to those of us that use English as a first language that he had
moved up from a fractional horse power motor, a slow one (1725 RPM) to a
full horse power, and faster, 3,450 RPM.

With some brain attached, the question/statement might have been: "I now
do
have X fpm. and it is getting better. Tom G. could you advice me of the
right fpm?". But I wouldn't expect such a question.

I'm absolutely amazed at how you can know that, Nick. I really am.

Missed the maybe?

Now put your whine away ...

Whine? I'm only getting tears of laughter by reading Iggiot's postings.

That's a cheap shot, Nick. Shame on you. Iggie's a damned decent
individual.

I know it's hard for you, but try to be nice. Better yet, try to be
polite. All of us have shortcomings---I certainly have my own. If you'd
like others to accept you with your warts, it's incumbent upon you to return
the favor.

Harold