Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default I Need advice on tool purchases

"Andy H" wrote in message
Hi Gang,
Heres some background. I work in my garage(SHOP!!) and I have a nice 50"
Jet TS and an old Dewalt RAS and crappy ryobi router.
Lately I have had delusions of grandeur, thinking about doing some more
serious side work. I have a commission to do 7 small carts and another to
do an entertainment center. These are from the same client.
I am in a position to invest in the shop a bit and I can justify about
$5-$600. Im thinking of getting a 2hp Dust collector (Shop Fox), a Triton
2-1/4 HP Router, and a forrest WWII blade.

The dust collector will be a luxury that will not assist in actual building
of a project. Nice to have but will not get all of what your TS, RAS or
router put out. You are still going to have to clean up.

If your saw is properly set up I would go with the Blade improvement WWII
first.