Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Repair torn / ripped formica

In article , wrote:
Evening-

I built a homemade countertop using formica- 1/10th the cost of
commercial. My wife just used it as a stepping stool and caught
herself on it- ripped one piece that was loose (near the dishwasher
exhaust so it peeled up a bit) and tore it 1 foot long.

I could cut it off, seam it, but it might look odd. The other
possibility is to simply glue it all back down and then dye the
surface (sanded).

Any suggestions?

Replace it -- and when you build the replacement, be sure to glue the formica
down properly, so you don't have any loose flaps.

--
Regards,