Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default About the Radio-Shack (Tandy) 22-175b multimeter

In article , (Gaetan Mailloux) wrote:
"Dave Plowman " ) writes:
In article ,
Gaetan Mailloux wrote:
I have a Radio-Shack (Tandy) 22-175b digital multimeter.

Wen I use it to measure capacitors it do not do it's 0 before measuring,
even without any wires plug to it there is alway a .1 nf reading, there
is only two trimpots on the pc board, how can we reajust to have 0 ?

Any body would have the schematic diagram for that meter ?

What is the spec for measuring capacitance?

With a decent ;-) general purpose meter like say a Fluke 110 the maximum
resolution on capacitance is 1 nF, so a 0.1 nF error is neither here nor
there.

--
*Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see naked?*

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Hello

They say in the booklet a resulution of 1 pf, well it seem that it's not true.

I will look for another meter for real 1 pf resolution.

Thank everybody.

Bye

Gaetan

I guess you didn't get it. If you did like I say using a connector board
combination to get rid of the leads, measuring should be no problem.
As long as the .1 nF is constant. It seems your display goes to .001 nF
like my Fluke 189.

greg