Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.pro
Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] is offline

Default PROBLEM: Technics SA-400 FM Stereo Alignment

"EADGBE" wrote in message

OK...so...this is weird...

I haven't been listening to my SA-400 for a few days, because I just
wasn't that enthused about listening to my garage sale find when I
know that it isn't performing right.

ANYWAY...So I decide to listen to it today while I'm doing some
cleaning up.

I switch it on, and lo and behold, the FM Stereo indicator is back on,
and I verified that it is indeed putting out FM stereo again!

What gives?

In addition to the VCO, the discriminator adjustment may be marginal. Also,
I've seen on some old Technics units that the mono/stereo switch may be
scratchy; also the am/fm band switch.

Mark Z.