Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

In article , John Martin wrote:
[snip]

So. One of the richest counties in the country, and there weren't
enough locals to get the crop in. There would be more in a poorer
area, but probably not enough. CW is right.

But he's also wrong.

Of course the price of apples, pears, and most other agricultural products
would rise, without cheap illegal labor to pick them. But ChronicWhiner's
claim that apples would go up to fifteen dollars apiece, and pears eighteen,
is just nuts. No relationship to reality at all.

It could be done. Because the real answer is
for our government to grow a set of balls and require that those on
welfare and unemployment take jobs like those, or not get their
"entitlements". Work or go hungry.

Bingo!

There would still be areas in farm country when a big crop would
require outside help. So, bring people in from the cities. Bring
back the CCC if we have to. Unfortunately, I don't think our
politicians - or most of us - are willing to be tough enough to do it.

You are. I am. There's a start.

--
Regards,