Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner Tom Gardner is offline

Default Followup on wire brushing, hopefully final

"Ignoramus5639" wrote in message
I bought a 115v, 1 HP, 3450 RPM Baldor motor on eBay, in 56T frame,
and mounted the brush on it. Also wired nicely, with a proper switch,
in electrical box, etc. The motor is TEAO (totally enclosed air over),
but I usually brush things for a very short time, also, the motor has
a thermal reset. Worst case, for continuous wire brushing, I could use
an external fan to just blow air on it. So I am not too worried about
overheating.

With this motor, the 8" brush functions much better than with a 1725
RPM, 1/2 HP motor.

I hope that this setup will last me a while.

Thanks to Tom for steering me in the right direction.

Youbetcha!