BigWallop

Default Have I installed new soil pipe branch too high??

"Monkey Brains" wrote in message
om...
Thanks all for your prompt replies
I have used push fit, it just means having to make the hole bigger and
lowering the branch.....does anyone know what the best thing would be
to fill the void in a solid 9 inch brick wall?? I have been thinking
of expanding foam..but the hole will probably be too big.

I'm going to bed to cry now....I guess this how we all learn..

Many thanks

Chris

Oh well !!! If yea didnea make mistakes you wouldnea learn anything. :-))
Filling the hole shouldn't be a big problem Chris, with that size pipe going
through it. Just fill most of the void up with the stuff you took out and
fill over the surfaces with some sand and cement mix. Well that's what
everybody else does, don't they ?

For a bit of information, you need at least 40mm drop from the outlet of the
WC to the bend outside to take solid waste away properly. The standard in
"P" Trap WC outlet height is around, very close to, 120mm from the floor,
but they do sell adjustable connectors to take up any slight differences, so
don't panic.

Sleep it off. You'll feel better in the morning. :-))

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com