Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default cement floor paint or stain

Phooey! It is an acid based stain made to color concrete. They
are made and marketed by several different manufacturers. There
are floor paints, their are floor epoxy paints, that is NOT what
is being discussed. Go here and learn:
http://thestampstore.com/tut_acidstain.html

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
"J. Davidson" wrote in message

The shop is all new, cement included. I believe now my husband
is looking
at staining the floor, and we appreciate all the comments.

Concrete floors should be treated, to repel spilled liquids
(if you plan to mop them up) and so that they do not give
off concrete dust. The treatment is not stain (as used
on wood) but a special paint for concrete. This requires
a special chemical primer so the paint adheres reliably.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs