Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_3_] Steve Barker[_3_] is offline

Default Sheetrocking question

The wires should have been pushed back further. If they'd been back even a
half inch, the bit wouldn't have touched them. Granted, there's no reason
to have the bit INSIDE the box, but some people locate them that way.

"SteveB" wrote in message
Yesterday, a team of aliens (Martian, I believe) came and started to
sheetrock my new addition. They worked 1.5 hours, since they had trouble
locating my house and didn't get there until 3.

After they left, I noticed that they had sheetrocked over outlet boxes,
and rotozipped around and in boxes, cutting the insulation of wiring in 6
boxes. They cut the tv and phone cable in two inside the boxes.

When I called the owner, he had an attitude and said that was the way its
done today in the State of Utah, and that they go back and find the box
and cut it out. He also said that it was common practice for the
electrician to fix the wires, and since it was electrical, it was his
responsibility to make sure it was right before heating up the wires.

Is this common practice today?

Steve