Posted to alt.home.repair
Aaron[_2_] Aaron[_2_] is offline

Default Plumbing: Sewer line my be damaged underneath house

I am on my 3rd plumber, and I think he is getting tired of coming over
to my house. First one was too expensive, second one did not have a
camera and after 3 visits gave up. The third one could not find my
sewer line so he had to start at the cleanout a dig it up. He found
that it went under an add on addition to my house. He replaced the
sewer line from the cleanout to the addon addition and then from the
addon to the street. He said it was clear under the house. Now it is
two weeks later and the bathroom is starting to back up again. The
only alternate route for the sewer line would be to break up my back
porch that runs between my house and detached garage.

Is there anything that can be inserted into the sewer line under the
house that will correct it. Somebody told my they thought that they
had seen on the show This Old House sticking an inflatable sleeve in
the sewer line and blowing it up to fix it. Has anyone heard of this
and where can I find out more about it? I need some ideas.

The old pipe was a 4" clay pipe and they replaced it with PVC. The
length under the house is probably about 25 feet and about 4 feet
under ground.