Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default You HAVE to see this man's work - amazing!

On Dec 2, 5:41 pm, "
wrote:
On Dec 2, 1:28 pm, mac davis wrote: On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 18:16:48 -0600, Prometheus
wrote:

Well if you have time and inspiration, you can do anything, have a
look at this turner/sculptor.

http://www.johnmacnab.ca/index.php

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

And if you would like to make some wooden "ANYTHING" you go and see
this guy !!.
If you have the time and determination, and some $$$$$$ you could get
some wooden "whatever you desire" ;-

http://www.liviodemarchi.com/index.htm

http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum4.html
Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

SnipI forget the fellas name, but
there's another carver in Europe (Venice, IIRC) who carves realistic
clothing from wood, for some reason I could never fathom. While it
doesn't make a lot of sense to me, he is able to carve a crumpled up
shirt draped over the edge of a table so convincingly, you have to
take a second look to make sure it's really made of wood.

Might have been the guy on one of the Lee Valley covers that carved those
leather jackets?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing