Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 19:58:08 GMT, (Doug Miller) wrote:

I notice that the man said a "good picker" can make $20 an hour..

No, he didn't. This is what he said:

In my experience, the pay is ZERO $ an hour and you get paid based on how many
boxes you fill..

Of course. But my point is that there is _no_way_ that apples are going to
cost anywhere near fifteen dollars apiece anytime in the foreseeable future,
no matter _who_ picks them. That's just another scare story put forward by the
apologists for illegal immigration. The math just doesn't add up.

I can tell you from experience that apples won't get that expensive... it would
have worse consequences..

I central California they solved the labor problem by plowing over the orchards
and building houses..
What do they do to make up for the loss of crops?
They import fruit and vegetables from Mexico..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing