Posted to alt.home.repair, sci.materials
[email protected] metalengr@hotmail.com is offline

Default Cured copper in EdenPURE heaters is bogus, says U.S. CopperDevelopment Association

Web sites for the heavily advertised EdenPURE quartz infrared portable
heaters such as:
http://www.edenpuretalkradio.com/qanda.php and
http://www.biotechresearch.com:80/epure_heater.php
claim that they use an "amazing heating element" which involves
something called "cured copper".

Now, the Copper Development Association Inc., CDA, is the market
development, engineering and information services arm of the copper
industry, chartered to enhance and expand markets for copper and its
alloys in North America: http://www.copper.org/

If "cured copper" was something real, then you would expect the CDA to
be helping promote it and thus to sell more copper.

Earlier this year the CDA was asked about cured copper. The question
and their response follow.

Question:
I just read an ad for a space heater which contained the following:
'Cured copper is a type of copper that goes through an extensive
heating process to give it special properties'.
Do you have any idea what they mean?

Response:
They mean that cured copper has the property of storing large amounts
of heat.
In our opinion, it is not possible to do that to copper. (Tony
Rakich)

Also, in October 2007 Consumer Reports magazine tested sixteen
electric portable space heaters, most of which put draw 1500 watts.
Go to your friendly local public library and read their report on
pages 32 and 33. The 1500-watt EdenPURE Quartz Infrared 1000 tied for
last place (15 or 16 out of 16). So their "amazing heating element"
hardly delivers amazing results in comparative tests.

Pittsburgh Pete

DISCLAIMER

We do not believe what we write, and neither should you. Information
furnished to you is for topical (external) use only. This information
may not be worth any more than either a groundhog turd, or what you
paid for it (nothing). The author may not even have been either sane
or sober when he wrote it down. Do not worry, be happy.