Posted to alt.home.repair

Default $3.249 Gal. For #2 Home Heating Oil

On Dec 2, 12:29 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

And here we have it folks. A classic case of the alarmist
extremist. Note there is no definition of what constitutes a "toxic
spill". Today, when there is a vehicle accident on the highway and
gas or diesel fuel is released, it's considered a toxic spill.
But is it a big deal and environmental disaster? Of course not.

Depending on the location, it might be an immediate threat to public health.
I will not give you the obvious examples because your reason for being in
this discussion is to disagree.

The point is that environmental fear mongering alarmists like to use
words likie "toxic spill" to scare people. A spill from a simple car
accident of fuel or antifreeze isn't what most people would think of
when they hear toxic spill, yet today it qualifies and clean up crews
are routinely dispatched and the incident logged. And then it gets
added to a list of "toxic spills" And it rarely, if ever results
in an immediate threat to public health. You have to have some
reference grounded in reality.

And similar fear mongering is exactly what the alarmists try to do by
conjuring up superfund sites, with the image of Love Canal, when the
EPA reporting standard I showed you for the Prudhoe Bay site is a few
barrels of oil that cover 375 feet of ground surface.

If you look at this objectively, oil has been and continues to be
extracted with minimal impact to the environment. Nothing is
perfect, except in the extremist environmentalist world, where they
are against just about all energy sources, except perhaps the mythical
ones.

Here in NJ the fear mongerers even bitch about proposed drilling off
VA, on the theory that it's gonna destroy the beaches in NJ. They
conveniently ignore all the drilling in the Gulf of MExico that has
been done safely. Most of the oil platforms there were heavily
damaged, toppled, sunk etc during Katrina. Yet I didn't hear
anything about any oil spills or environmental disaster attributable
to the irresponsible oil industry? Another testimonial to the fact
that it can be done today with minimal impact to the environment,
unless you believe the extremists who would have us go back to caves.