Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] busbus@gmail.com is offline

Default Hitachi C10FL Tablesaw, Any Good?

On Dec 2, 12:59 pm, HerHusband wrote:

I don't have a lot of room in my garage shop, so one of the things that
has turned me away from most $500 saws is the big motor sticking off the
back of the machine. And most "hybrid" saws are well out of my budget.
So, the Hitachi's internal motor caught my eye immediately as a plus.
There seemed to be lots of things to like about the Hitachi C10FL, but it
really makes me nervous that there is so little information about it and
apparently no accessories. I'll have to look it over in more detail at
the store. Thanks for your input!

I have this Jet and I love it. It the motor can be re-wired for 220
but I haven't done that yet because I have been too lazy to string a
220 line! It is heavy, stable, doesn't vibrate, has the motor
underneath, and you can find a lot of
"standard" parts.

And Rockler has it on sale for $399.99 (regular 699.99). I hope you
are near a Rockler or something, though, because shipping can be a
killer.

Here is the link: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offerings_ID=17903

One thing I am not thrilled to death about is the fence butt here are
enough aftermarket ones that I can get when I feel like dishing out
the cash.

All in all, I am very pleased with it.