Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 05:09:51 -0500, "J. Clarke" wrote:

So how is keeping the prices of tools in the US higher than for the
rest of the world helping American industry to grow? If our prices
are the highest in the world we aren't going to be selling much on the
world market and face it, the US domestic market doesn't have a huge
amount of growth potential for durable goods.

I believe in a global economy...
Can't find a factory job making tools? Get a job selling, repairing,
advertising, or using them..
I remember folks used to give me **** for driving a Japanese truck instead of
"buying American"..
I use to tell them that besides the fact that Ford is a major player in Madza, I
bought the truck from an American dealership... I'd also assume that it was
worked on, transported, resold, etc. by American companies with American
employees...

So, now I drive a Dodge truck that was made in the USA...
Of course, it was assembled in Mexico and Dodge is owned by a German company,
but it's "Made in USA"

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing