Posted to rec.woodworking
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Hitachi C10FL Tablesaw, Any Good?

Jimmy,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the C10FL.

When I bought mine I had to adjust the bevel angle,
it was off quite a bit. Not easy.

I would expect to have to adjust any saw I purchase. It would be nice if
it was an easy task, but as long as it holds the adjustments I set it
won't be too much of an issue.

The fence is decent but clamps front and rear and sometimes seems
to pinch the wood at the rear of the blade.

Is the fence adjustable to avoid that? Or is it clamping down differently
each time you tighten it?

I was actually impressed by how firmly the fence on the store model
locked down. In general, is it a bad thing to have the fence clamp down
in back too?

Dust collection could be better.

Can you explain this more? I assume dust will still come out the top and
whatnot, but is it keeping the inside of the saw clean?

My current saw has NO dust collection, so again, it would be an
improvement.

Had some vibration when running but I put a link belt
on and it went away.

Vibration? HA! You ain't seen vibration till you've seen my saw running.
Anything sitting on top will vibrate along the top until it falls off
onto the floor. A new saw couldn't get much worse and still stay in one
piece.

When you move it the legs almost look like they are going to bend

I read that in a couple of other online posts too. I'll have to give the
store model another look and see how bad it is. Though I wonder if the
legs could be reinforced with brackets or plywood panels?

No zero clearance inserts available for it.

Hmm... Odd. That's one of the gripes with my current saw, everything is
non-standard so upgrading is a real pain. Can you tell how difficult it
would be to make custom inserts for the Hitachi?

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it for the money.

I don't have a lot of room in my garage shop, so one of the things that
has turned me away from most $500 saws is the big motor sticking off the
back of the machine. And most "hybrid" saws are well out of my budget.
So, the Hitachi's internal motor caught my eye immediately as a plus.
There seemed to be lots of things to like about the Hitachi C10FL, but it
really makes me nervous that there is so little information about it and
apparently no accessories. I'll have to look it over in more detail at
the store. Thanks for your input!

Anthony