Posted to alt.home.repair
Caesar Romano Caesar Romano is offline

Default $3.249 Gal. For #2 Home Heating Oil

On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 15:24:47 -0800 (PST), wrote
Re $3.249 Gal. For #2 Home Heating Oil:

Sorry if you think it's name calling. But I see environmental
extremists all the time who stand in the way of any energy progress
and are totally unrealistic.

Here;s some prime examples:

The global warming proponents say we risk a total environmental
disaster that will jeopardize life on the planet in a few decades
unless something is done immediately. Well, if the threat is so
grave, why are the same folks dead set against building more nuclear
power plants? Sure, nukes aren't perfect, but if the danger is so
great, why not start using something readily available that could go
online in a few years with zero CO2 emissions and also reduce our
dependence on foreign energy?

Other environmentalists tell us to use wind. Here in NJ, there has
been much talk about putting up windmills offshore to generate
electricity. So, who's against that? Same environmentalists who
now say it will harm fish and birds. Want to build a new power
line? Their against that too.

What do they like? Pie in the ski crap like the electric car that
you just plug in the wall. They have no concept that the energy
that's on the other end of the wire has to come from somewhere. Or
the hydrogen car. Great idea, but they completely ignore that the
hydrogen has to come from somewhere. Their idiot answer to that
problem: water. I learned in high school chemistry that it takes as
much energy to break the hydrogen/oxygen bonds as you later get when
you recombine them by burning it. In other words, yes you can get
hydrogen from water to run your car, but the energy to do that still
has to come from somewhere.

The environmental obstructionists (there's a new name for you), ignore
all of that and just go on whistling past the grave yard. They're
like the kid Mikey from the old TV commercial. They just don't like
anything.

Good post!