Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Yamaha dual audio CD recorder and player

Meat Plow wrote in message
On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 17:26:24 +0000, N Cook wrote:

Meat Plow wrote in message
On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 12:32:20 +0000, N Cook wrote:

Someone asked me to look at this very expensive unit , but I

declined.
Not seen and model number unknown.
Apparently there is something called OPC that checks the material of

the
blank media. About 2 out of 10 attempts to record, it drops out at

this
OPC
check stage, equally so for the 2 makes of disc he uses.
As it is still useable I declined to look at something that may well

end
up
worse, and I suggested he try some other makers discs.
Any other advice ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPC_Data_Access

Don't know if this is related to your situation but read it anyway.

I've only previously come across OPC meaning optical photo-conductor
surely this OPC means Optimum Power Control rather the Ole Process

Control

Ok I've never heard of it before obviously. But I would assume it is an
a control found in every optical recording device and not unique to the
device you reference.

I did a bit of reading up about the technology in and around
http://www.chipchapin.com/CDMedia/cdr3.php3

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England